24 May 2011

Descent Beastman

Hello! I got on a side track again form my present projects, the "Dwarf Lobba" and Karak Eight Peaks scenery, as I accidentally layed my eyes on my Descent board game boxes... I decided to try and paint few of the several minis that come with the box. I thought that beastmen would be the simple choice enough to fast paint... Allrighty then, here´s the pics :)


Here they are before priming... The red ones are "Master Beastmen" in game terms. Because they have different stats in the game, I decided to cover the edges of the bases before painting.


I used the Army Painter brown primer... Here you can see them after I removed the tape from the base edges.

And... here it´s allredy painted. I forgot to take any VIP-pictures... Sorry! Nothing special to tell about the painting it self. I tried to keep the palette really simple. It took me about two hours to paint the mini, and half an hour for painting the base... (had to wait for that Devlan Mud to dry :) I think I can go faster with the rest of the beastmen, now when I know the colors I´m gonna use...


Side shot... I pretty much used flat colors on the mini, then stained it with Devlan Mud. After that I picked up few high lights, finally adding some Bleached Bone to the base color... fast and simple :)


The dungeon floor themed base blends quite nicely with the Descent floor tiles... Perhaps I should paint the stone pattern little bit bigger with the next one...


The broblem with the basing is... that it doesn´t blend very well to the out doors encounters. :(  Maybe I should base half of the minis as "out doors Beastmen" :D

2 comments: