14 Nov 2011

Open Quest arrived

Hello! I´m taking a little break from Descent project... which is good for me and the blog, that has come too Descent related. One reason for the break is that I´m very excited about my Open Quest book that arrived from D101 Games.


I´m an old Rune Quest fan and GM, and have played it for years. All the twenty+ Rune Quest/Glorantha related releases (Rule Books and expansions) I own, have quite different and unclear descriptions of some of the rules... For example how the different methods of magic works. So we have made quite many house rules over the years for magic, combat and character creation / improvement. When I stumbled upon this book in the internet, I immediatly new that I just had to have it... and I did. I´m happy now:)  Not gonna make a review out of it, but I quote shortly from the D101 Games home page, so you know what I´m talking about: "Open Quest is based on the Mongoose RuneQuest SRD (MRQ SRD), with ideas from previous editions of Chaosium’s RuneQuest and Stormbringer 5th, mixed in with some common sense house rulings from the author’s twenty years of experience with the D100 system" So if you´re RQ (or any other D100 system) player, I recommend this book... if you don´t already have it.


Little bit about my miniature hobby too... Inspired by the Open Quest, I dusted my Lunar Empire soldiers (Roman Auxiliaries and Praetorian Guard). I assembled and painted one of the Praetorians...



WIP... Bronze and red parts painted... washing with Devmud.


Here´s the finished mini, standing on a 12 years old crappy piece of self-made scenery, that I also dusted from the mini cupboard :)


It felt really good to paint something else for a change than Descent minis. Maybe I´ll do another... That´s all for now. Bye!

1 comment: