24 Jul 2011

Rainy day painting with the kids

My four and five years old kids are always watching, when I´m painting minis at the day time... asking punch of questions about the games and minis.  Most of the time the question is "why can´t I paint"? Well... this time I couldn´t find a good reason why not ( Except I´m really busy with the Space Marine project...:) And actually, I just bought some extra brushes for the kids, if they would want to give it a try...

I looked up some old boxes of unpainted minis and found couple of 3rd edition WHFB miniatures. I gave my daughter (4years) a Skaven, and my son (5 years) a Dark Elf... that was missing part of his crossbow. I thought that these minis were good to start with, for they are simply sculpted and don´t have too many details in them. And hey... these are the minis I started the paintig with! :) I think they made a good job, and used the brush very carefully, not taking too much paint in it. They followed my instructions very well... that usually never happens!


Here are the masterpieces..!

3 comments:

  1. "And so a hobbyist is born" x2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! At least they have lots of time to paint the armies before they can learn the Warhammer rules :)

    ReplyDelete