31 Mar 2010

Night Goblin Warg Riders

I was wondering the other night, what to do with my old, unopened Night Goblin regiment box... Since I bought two boxes of "Battle for Skull Pass", I´ve had a horde of cool looking new Night Goblins... and no use for the good old regiment box :(
Suddenly, when I was reading old issue of White Dwarf, the Lord of the Rings sections "Warg Riders" made me remember that I have no Goblin Wolf Riders in my Orcs and Goblins army...
I really like the sculpting job on Wargs... so I decided to buy one box and see how my Night Goblins would ride them. (And they would ride... with a price of 22,50 Euros for six Wargs)

On my way home from the gaming shop, I was still thinking if this was a good idea... I didn´t know if the Wargs were big enough... for I remembered that the LotR is in a smaller scale game :o
When I got home I noticed that my fear was unnecessary. After few minutes of repositioning of the Gobbos feet and arms it fitted on the Warg like a glove.


Then on the painting... This time I really decided to keep it fast. Black under coat for starters.
High lights on the Gobbos robe with mix of Enchanted blue and Black. Then new high light with previous mix and adding some white...

Gobbos leather clothing with Scorched Brown and high lights with Grave yard Earth. Another high lighting with previous mix, adding Bleached Bone...
Gobbos skin was first painted with Orkhide Shade. High light with Knarloc Green, and another with Gretchin Green. Teeth and nails with Bleached Bone.


Warg was painted with the same way as leather parts of the gobbo... except the face and feet were left black. Then the black parts were high lighted with Codex Grey and finally with Astronomican Grey.


In the shield I tried to get some pirate feeling... since it´s the theme of my Green Skin army :)

All this... Repositioning of the limbs, painting job and basing took me six hours..! That´s a New record for me. I really enjoyed fast painting, after endless hours of painting High Elves that are full of details. It´s not my best painting job, but I think it´s very rewarding to get something finished so fast...


Hope you like it :)

2 comments:

  1. You've really pulled this off beautifully. Nice one. And the scale issues aren't noticeable in the slightest. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Man..! Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete