22 Mar 2011

Dust - Minis

On my last posting I planned to paint something green... Well, I was supposed to continue working with my Green skin rock lobba, but something else came up. My friend asked me to paint two Dust Tactics "Recon Grenadiers" minis. I had never heard of this game. The minis looked great... and had some heavy Death Corps feeling in the sculpting... so I instantly agreed :)

I looked the game up from the Fantasy Flight Games site and googled some pictures of the minis. Have to say that the game looks very interesting and minis are cool. Might get me some... In the fist pic the minis already have a white base coat that my buddy had painted with airbrush.

 
Well on with the painting... I decided to do things my way, and planned my own colors for the minis. Pics on the box and internet looked fine, but I wanted to paint something more than just different shades of gray.
Here´s what I came up with...


First I gave the mini black under coat. On the clothing I used Codex Gray and leather parts with Tausept Ochre. Metal parts were painted with Boltgun Metal. Lenses on the gas mask with Emerald Green. Panzer Faust on the minis back was given 1:1 Knarloc Green and Tausept Ochre base coat. Then I gave heavy wash of Devlan Mud (of course) all over the mini...


Clothing was then high lighted with Codex Gray again and finally with Astronomican gray. Metal parts with Chain Mail. Leather parts with Tausept Ochre and final high light with the same adding some Bleached Bone. Panzer Faust with the original mix, adding some B-Bone to it. Lenses with Emerald green and Skull white mix, then added the white dots. Black parts I high lighted with Codex Gray... and I think that´s it.  Very simple palette :)





And here it is with the base done... I´ll be back later with the Machine Gun dude :)



No comments:

Post a Comment