4 Mar 2013

More Pirate Orcs

Hello! I´ve been little busy at work and other things, so there has been almost nothing happening on my painting table... But I managed to paint these two Pirates to rank&file standard.

I was asked for some tutorial of how I paint the pirates... There´s no special tricks in the paintjob, just the basic stuff. But here you go anyways... Back to basics :)


I have used Army Painters Goblin Green for primer. Mournfang Brown for boots and leather parts, Leadbelcher for metal, and a mix of Burnished gold and Mournfang for the buckle of belt.


Tau Light Ochre for the belt and some Ushapti Bone on the teeth and nails... And the base colors are done.


For washing I used Agrax Earth Shade for greenskin parts, and Nuln Oil for leather and metal parts. I used two layers in parts I where I wanted more shadow.


Same stage from behind...


First highlights for the skin. I used the Warboss Green with the first layer... Left the washes to shadow the lines between muscles.


For the second layer I used 2:1 Warboss Green and Ceramite White. I left the previous layer to show abit from beneath.


And same thing again adding some white to the previous mix... almost 1:1 now. Just painted some fast dots with that mix actually. Looks good enough from other side of the game table :)


Now I highlighted the leather parts with 2:1 Mournfang and White. Painting just little lines on edge of everything with it...


And now I did the metal parts with Runefang steel. Just thin lines on the edges and some dots here and there on the armour. Buckle of the belt was highlighted with small lines Burnished Gold. I painted the lower part of the "spyglass" with Blood Red, and added a little dot of white on the upper part.


Little bit Dawn Stone on the black parts and that´s it I guess... Ready for battle. (Except the base job)


Finished mini from the back.


Todays bonus pics... Pirate Musician. "Bumm... Bumm...Bumm"..!


"Badabumm... Bumm... Badabumm"..!


"Bumbubumm... Row ya rotten bastards... Bumm Bumm"..!


No comments:

Post a Comment