5 Feb 2010

Old School High Elves Treasure

I payed a visit to our local gaming shop today... with amazing results :) I had decided NOT to buy anything. Just look around and gather some gaming news... Right?

Well... There it was on the table. A huge plastic bag full of old High Elf miniatures. Old veteran hobbyist and collector had decided to get rid of his collection. I dived in...

There were blisters and regiment boxes. First I grabbed all the Phoenix Guards I could find... It´s the only unit in my High Elf army that I don´t have (until now). I sure like the new Phoenix Guard minis, but for my taste the Old School Guards are the right ones...

I could only find four Phoenix blisters... Not enough for a full unit. For me it´s twenty or nothing ;) After careful search with no result, I decided to purchase a command group of oldies elves... for sure I´m gonna need one in the unit anyways. It´s easy to give them a "Phoenix look" with some green stuff cloak and halberd. Then I have to improvise just one more Guard... Maybe from my endless supply of old Spear Men...



I just love the helmets and the ornaments on the chest plate...

Just had to buy this Silver Helm too... for I remember this mini from my old army book, but never found it from store. The helmet is... something awesome. It´s a helmet of heroes, Man...

Most bizarre thing of this all... I payed twenty euros for these miniatures all together... I think it´s a nice deal.

There was also two regiment boxes of Old Dragon Princes... 10 pieces. I didn´t buy them, because I´m originally from Planet Moron...!
I run back to the store tomorrow and pray that they´ll still be there..!

No comments:

Post a Comment